Monday, March 16, 2009

Statistics

Isn't life so unfair. You work your whole life to own a home and have a few nice things only to have everything ripped from you by the loss of income due to a stale economy. Why do we do this to ourselves? I'm sure greed has much to do with it, and yes, I'm guilty and now I'll be reaping my just rewards by losing my home and possessions and now I learn that friends are going through much the same thing. Yeah, we can find jobs (maybe, our age is against us) but what kind of a pay cut will we experience. In my case it will be huge because I am very well compensated for which I'm very thankful but I have been priced right out of the job market. My poor hubby is experiencing so much self doubt and depression and his faith is faltering and that worries me more than anything. He never has been strong in the faith dept anyway and now he's facing all this loss for the second time in his life and wonders where God is in all of this. I wish I had answers for him but all I can do is lift him up to the Lord and try to be strong for him. I just don't know how long I can hold up being the strong one, I'm almost at the breaking point the way it is.
My friends, you know who you are, I hope all goes better for you and yours and I will be remembering your cares and worries in prayer.

4 comments:

DustyD said...

You are right, it isn't fair and my heart goes out to you and everyone who is so badly effected by the downturn. I'll keep you in my prayers

Anonymous said...

Where is God? He walks with us & when you can't see His footsteps beside you, that's when He is carrying you dear friend.

Sherrie said...

I know Nita, my dear, it's just that Phil is struggling with his faith. Mine is as strong as ever but I don't want to start "preaching" to Phil and drive a wedge between us. I'll just leave him make his peace with God and love him all the same.

Anonymous said...

Sherrie, they say "things are darkest before the dawn," and I hope things work out and your "dawn" comes very soon. My prayers are with you and Phil and hope your faith will see you through this.