Sunday, March 15, 2009

The End

This has been a horrible week. Phil and I both learned that unless the economy improves within the next 45 days we will both be jobless. Like so many Americans, we are up to our eyeballs in debt and the prospect of job loss is quite overwhelming. As I sit here and write this, I have to admit, I'm scared to death...what the future holds, loss of jobs, loss of insurance, loss of a roof over our heads....I can't eat or sleep. I wish I could just shut my mind off for a few hours....and poor Phil, he is so depressed and worried. Oh well, need to get back to cleaning and getting this house ready to put on the market. Hopefully, we can get out from under it.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Sherrie,
I'm so sorry to read this post. Hopefully things will turn out better than what they seem at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sherrie! This is such sad news! I'll be thinking good things for you and your DH!!!

Ellie said...

Sherrie, I am so sorry to hear this news. I'll include you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sherrie dear...I am so sorry to hear your news...I am praying for miracles and for positive direction for the two of you and sending big hugs.

Anonymous said...

Sherrie,
I really can understand to a certain degree of what you are going through. My DH found out Thur March 5th that he no longer had a job. No warning. So he is part of the stats and we are reeling from the news too. We went though another layoff 2 years ago. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...I understand the emotions one can go through.

Anonymous said...

Sherrie,
I was sorry to read the news. In the past couple of weeks 3 of my family members & 2 of my friends have been laid off. You're all in my prayers dear friend. You have my e-mail if you need to vent, cry or just chat.
Hugs & prayers,
Nita