Monday, July 7, 2008

Heartbeats at my feet

Literally. All three are laying either at my feet or nearby. Now the girls are barking at Dusty. Ok, that's under control! Poor little guy can't walk across the floor to suit them sometimes.

They have been upset the last few days. We've had construction crews at the house making repairs from the storms we have had. The roofers will be here next week and the drywall/painters will be here the following. It is just upsetting their little doggie routine to the max! They are such little creatures of habit. We rarely get company at home so naturally they bark when a bird lands in the yard let alone people. If they see a car go down the road too slowly, they bark about that and last night a passenger jet was flying way too low over our house, (not something that usually happens) and they had a fit about that. I wonder if they think planes are just big loud birds with their tails on fire? Just a thought. Anyway, they watched that plane until it dissappeared. It was funny.

Hmmmm, Sadie just disappeard, she must have gone upstairs with Phil. She is a big daddy's girl!

There are times I would love to know what they are thinking but then again, maybe I wouldn't really want to know.

They do give me something to look forward to everyday. When it's time to leave work for home I have but 3 warm little bodies on my mind. And they repay my affection with loyalty as they sleep at my feet! What a life!

1 comment:

Ellie said...

It sounds like your dogs have such a happy life. It's fun to read about them in your blog.