Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dusty

This has been a bad week for Dusty. Tuesday, he started having problems going potty. There was blood everywhere when we got home Tuesday. I immediately called our vet and she met us after hours at her office which is an hour drive for us. It appears Dusty is picking up on our distress over our possible job loss because he was suffering with colitis! Poor little guy! He has been on a special diet and lot's of meds. The scary part, what happens when I can no longer afford to take him to the doctor, or for that matter, Punkin and Sadie too. I just pray they stay healthy, us too!

Phil and I have been plastering today and am I ever exhausted. Next weekend we will be painting, that is if I can figure out what color I want in my bedroom. I'm thinking lavender but I'm not sure. Got to get this indoor stuff done so that when the weather gets better we can hit the yard!

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Sherrie,
Oliver has had colitis several times and William did too when he was alive. It does clear up quite quickly with medication,so I hope Dusty is feeling better soon!
How is the pet photography going....any enquiries yet?

Sherrie said...

The meds made him better but also affected his bladder. He tinkled all over the house! I spent most of the weekend cleaning carpeting. Poor little guy.
No bites on the photography. I've been passing out business cards and flyers. People just don't have any extra money for that kind of stuff right now.

Anonymous said...

Sherrie, so sorry to hear about Dusty. Been thinking of you.
Sonya

Digi-Scrap Princess said...

Sherie,
What's the update on Dusty? I hope he is steadily improving.

Linda said...

I know what you mean about going to the vet, We have 3 labs and one of them is on a special diet and meds for life. Being on a fixed income is hard,can't afford alot, but Faith is something I won't give up . Hang in there, things will work out. Take care