Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving


It was different. It was a time to be thankful, yes, but it was also the beginning of saying goodbye to mom. She is dying with lung cancer and this was probably her last time to eat turkey and dressing. So, I packed up everything and hauled it to her house and spent the day with her. She was able to enjoy this meal, which I'm thankful for. She's so frail, can't even bathe herself. The hard part for her is giving up her independence. She has been alone for so long so I'm sure she is finding it hard to have my brother and his wife living with her. I'm very thankful they are willing to do this because I know I could not.
My son was able to visit for a couple of days. Phil drove down to MO to pick him up. Bless his heart, he drove all day and all night just to get our boy home, then turned around and drove him back to MO, then home and even worked in some repairs that Brandon needed at his home. We had a good time. Brandon got his Christmas present early since he will most likely be unavailable due to work constraints on the 25th. He took a picture of us eating at a restaurant with his new "toy". All he wanted was a new phone so we got him a Droid from Verizon. He loves it. The pic he took is above.
The only thing that could have made the time sweeter would have been to have my daughter and her hubby with us.

1 comment:

Rilda said...

Hello dear one, May God's riches and best be thine for that is Father God's desires. Have a blessed Christmas, rilda *U*