Monday, December 29, 2008

Heart

My best friend in this world, my Grandmother said something to me when my daughter was just a tiny little baby. I just gave her one of those smiles and thought, no not my kids, but as I've grown older and I hope somewhat wiser, I find her words ringing in my ears. and I quote "When your children are little they step on your toes but when they are grown they tromp on your heart". She was so right. I hate living so far from my children and this year has probably been the worst year since moving away, yet. Neither got to come home for Thanksgiving, so it was pretty lonely that day. We drove to my daughter's for Christmas and will be leaving tomorrow. As we go, I find myself wondering when we will get to see each other again. I can't go a whole year anymore. We will only get to spend a couple of hours with my son and it has been over a year since seeing him, longer for my husband, so with that said, my goal for the upcoming year is to pay off all of my debt, sell my house and move south. I may not make it in one year but I will make it. I'm making a big sign to post at my computer, where I do most of my shopping, don't buy it unless it is absolutely needed, get rid of non essentials and lighten the load. I will have to do a little remodeling to get my house in saleable condition, like painting and so on but it will be done. Me being close to my family is more important than anything else in this world!

No comments: